The HomeStyle Renovation mortgage permits borrowers to include financing for home improvements in a purchase or re-finance transaction of an existing home.
HSR mortgage provides a convenient way for borrowers to make renovations, repairs, or improvements totaling up to 50 percent of the as-completed appraised value of the property with a first mortgage, rather than a second mortgage, home equity line of credit, or other, more costly financing method. Eligible borrowers include individual home buyers, investors, nonprofit organizations, and local government agencies.
Benefits to Borrowers
- Cost-effective way to renovate or improve a home
- Single mortgage means lower closing costs and typically a lower interest rate on a first mortgage
- Borrowers can qualify for CLTV of up to 105% with eligible Community
- Seconds® subordinate financing
- Loan amount based on “as-completed” value of the home or
For Fannie Mae, with 5%-20% down, you must have a 660 or greater credit score. If you wish to put more than 20% down, standard guidelines apply…call me for details